Sunday, March 30, 2003

Sunday, snowy Sunday

It was 70 degrees this week.
Now it's sleeting and raining.
I hate New Hampshire sometimes.
I am entirely too bored today. Up at the `rents, listening to golf that's been droning all day on the telly. It's boring. I hate golf. I'm scooting around the web, but nothing is catching my fancy. I was supposed to do my taxes today with my mother, but I forgot my W2. Whoops. I hate taxes, too. I hate math. I hate the fact that I have to pay in because I made "too much money". That's a load of crap because there's no such thing. I hate that I keep saying hate. I'm so frigging negative.
It's been a negative weekend. Last weekend was so much fun. We had an impromptu party Friday night and got plastered. The boys did boilermakers and we did shots of Southern Comfort. Neil fell down outside and we all had a good laugh. It was fun. Saturday night was cozy and warm and Amie and Brandon's and Sunday was wonderfully uneventful. Six Feet Under was good and I went to bed happy. This weekend, Neil's been in a bad mood for, like, two weeks. He goes through these spells. He used to have them all the time at the old apartment. He'd be depressed, withdrawn, violent. I learned a long time ago to ignore what he says, that he doesn't mean it, and to weather the storm. He'll get over it. I don't know what triggered it this time...maybe it was the weather, his job, money, boys...I don't know. He doesn't tell me. He keeps it inside. Mikey says he tried to help, but Neil replied his problems weren't as important. Mikey says that he thinks that means Neil thinks his problems aren't important.
That's not true. Sorry, I've lived with the kid for almost three years. I know what it means.
It means Neil was being sarcastic. If I had been there, I would have laughed. Mikey's problems are more important that anybody elses at times. Neil knows this. He was pointing it out. You don't have to be a genuis to figure that one out. It's almost funny. Well, not funny. Just mildly amusing.
So, that's been fun to deal with. He was in a better mood last night but a crappy one this morning. Perhaps I shouldn't pick on him so much, but it's fun and I don't mean any of it most of the time.
Work is slowing down. It's nice to be able to leave at 6pm, but I still sometimes feel like I'm drowning and out of control. I'm doing some research on Gate 1's Rio package for work. It's $499.00 for 5 nights with airfare, but it doesn't include sightseeing or a departure transfer, and it's only good for May 6th. That seems kind of dumb to me. We can do $599 all summer, and we have sightseeing and a departure transfer. The hotel looks a bit dumpish as well, not that the hotel we use is a prize, either, but still.
Whoah.
Slipped into work mode there for a minute. Sorry.
I wanted to write today, but I forgot my disk, damn it.
No short term memory.
Wish I could remember where my W-2 is.

No comments: