Tuesday, January 21, 2003

she works hard for the money (eh eh eh eh) so hard for it honey (eh eh eh eh)

It's 'The Birdcage', people, c'mon.
I'm sure Neil got it.
Workie, workie.
I feel like I've been ignoring my blog this week. I've been so busy with work. This last week has been crazy. Maybe I wasn't prepared, maybe it was just NUTS but tonight is the first night I've felt like I've been able to breath (and I just finished dinner...yikes...frozen chickens suck, what was I thinking??) I'm not even eating it, I'm not hungry anymore.
My first week was hard. Anything that could go wrong did and anything I was DROWING. I worked 12 hours a day and then went in on Saturday for 6 hours. The girl I took over for stopped caring a long time ago and I kept tripping over all her mistakes. My boss, the colossal ass, was freaking out. He was nice to me on Saturday though, after I kind of freaked out and was like IT ISN'T MY FAULT I'M DOING THE BEST THAT I CAN AND IT'S MY FIRST WEEK BACK OFF. I wrote Savannah a yoohoo (what an instant message would have looked like in 1982...our software is 21 years old!) that looked like this:
------
:(
ME, OVER MY HEAD.
This week has been better. I went in a 9am and left by 630pm last night and tonight, which makes me feel better. I've got a better handle on the paperwork, even though today I found a bunch of fuckups I made last week. YIKES. Oh, well.
What a boring post. I'm sorry. I just feel like I've been living and breathing work for the past week.
Oh yeah, I'm going to go see Coldplay with Neil on the 28th of February...YAY! I'm so excited. I love them (like you didn't know). I've been listening to Parachutes and ROBTH for 2 weeks on a loop.
And one more thing....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!

No comments: