Sunday, August 12, 2007

she gave us a mirror she gave us a map

It started at the old mental hospital in Concord.

Walking around and around. Knocking on doors. Peering in windows.

I just wanted to get in.

Alas, everything happens for a reason.

We got in the car and drove north. Out of Concord. Into the country. Through a cemetery or two. Because I like cemeteries.

We drove past a road that said "Webster Cemetery". I made a quick U-turn because, you know, I like cemeteries.

Drove past three large, abandoned, open brick buildings. Drove past the birthplace of Daniel Webster.

Wondered who the hell Daniel Webster was.

Drove through a corn field.

Came back to the buildings.

Ultimately gathered it all up and asked if I could go inside one of the buildings.

Said "I'm a photographer".



Additionally, Sufjan Stevens was on Austin City Limits last night. I've been watching it on a loop. Where did he come from? He has got such a gift.
Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day

Add to My Profile | More Videos

No comments: