Monday, January 23, 2006

it's that kind of night

"it's way too late to think of
someone I would call now
the neon signs got tired
red eye flights help the stars out
I'm safe in a corner
just hours before me

I'm waking with the roaches
the world has surrendered
I'm dating ancient ghosts
[the ones I made friends with]
the comfort of fireflies
long gone before daylight

and if I had one wish fulfilled tonight
I'd ask for the sun to never rise
if God lent his voice to me to speak
I'd say: "go to bed, world!"

I've always been too lame
to see what's before me
and I know nothing sweeter than
champagne from last new year's
sweet music in my ears
and a night full of no fear

but if I had one wish fulfilled tonight
I'd ask for the sun to never rise
if God passed the mike to me to speak
I'd say: "stay in bed world

...sleep in peace!"

-03:45: No Sleep, Long Gone Before Daylight, the Cardigans

No comments: