Sunday, February 10, 2002

Well.
I think I've made my departure from being a rockin' chick. From raging guitars and mosh pits and head banging and rockin' out.
I have found my love...and that is trance. Techno. Dance.
I love it all.
I think that I came to this realization last night while sitting in my living room with Neil and Mikey after our weekly Saturday Dinner (consisting of cheese stuffed tomatoes, cucumber, green bean and olive salad courtesy of Martha Stewart, green peppers stuffed with tomatoes, red wine, garlic and topped with gorgonzola cheese, chicory and potato hash (an original SAVE THE POTATO PANCAKES recipe) and sunken chocolate tarts with vanilla Tofutti) HIGHLY under the influence of a certain mood altering substance listening to eqx's Heavy Mental. I love it all. How can someone say that dance music is the product of untalented thiefs who let computers do the work? Someone who has not taken off on a cold Sunday afternoon and driven towards the ice-topped peak of Mount Monadnock as sun jutted through gray clouds and the thumping of your friend's subwoofer made you feel real and whole and know that everything in the world is right and that it's all a movie anyway. I can feel it in every fiber of my being.
Yum.
So I just dropped a couple of bucks at Half.com (a now nearly monthly purchase) for some new CDs as ima is getting boring and my best bud is the dance channel on DMX.
And Neil won the new deep sky CD last night on Heavy Mental. It was like 11:30 and he wanted to win something. He was caller number one...three...five...six...and seven. It was kind of funny. Someone else out there must of got discouraged...but not Neil. He wanted it.
And he has a job.
And life is good.
And I am happy.

No comments: