Monday, July 17, 2000

I hate being sick...even if it does make me miss a day of work. I didn't think I'd catch it, but I did. Sore throat, sneezing, sinus trouble, runny nose, cough...and some weird rash that sprang up on my face when I woke up Saturday morning. I don't know what it is, I just know I hate it and feel like a freak.

We had a doggy emergency last night. Krissy (my family's 14 year old basset mix) freaked out last night and fell half way down the stairs at 4 AM. My mother had to carry her shaking, stiff, 66 lb. body down the rest of the stairs. She was scared Krissy had a stroke. They took her to the vet this morning and she has geriatric vestibular syndrome. She's spending her first night away from our house in 14 years! It's really scary, thinking we might lose her. Penny really seems to miss her. When I let her out this morning, her nose was to the ground and she started snuffing around, tracing Krissy's trail to where my brother and mother had loaded her into the back of the Jeep. She stopped short at the place they had put her in and looked around, acting really confused. She walked a little bit down the road, looking baffled, and then came back and flopped on the porch with a sigh. When my mother returned this afternoon, Penny was at the door to meet them, eagerly awaiting Krissy's return, only to be disappointed. I only pray that she makes it through the night...I don't know how this family will react to losing her. She's been with us so long.

I thought I was going to write a lot here tonight, but I'm too tired and too sick and too worried about Krissy. Day off tomorrow.

No comments: