Saturday, December 30, 2006

am

Good morning. It's 6AM and I've been up since about 4:30. I'm not sure why exactly. I had a leetle too much margarita last night so I'm not totally sure what time I went to bed. I'm not usually a morning person either but I got bored just lying here so I got up, had some cereal and 13 gallons of water and surfed the web a bit.

I'm looking to make a BIG purchase in 2007--a Nikon d50 camera. It's something that I really want and really think that I'll use so I've made my mind up. I would really like to take a photography class and learn more and get better because I truly, truly enjoy it. I've done a lot of reading and comparisons online so I feel I know what I'm doing and know what I'm getting. I've looked at the d70 but it almost looks like too much camera and I'm afraid if I'm intimidated by it, I won't use it. I know that I could probably stash that cash in the bank or something but it's my money and I'll do what I want with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have enough from my tax return because, if not, I'm staying with my Canon.

My sister is a big fan of Hunter S. Thompson. She's read all his books. I can't get into them. I wish I could. They just released a book of his photos which I wanted to get my sister for her birthday--but it's $300. You can see some of the pictures here.

The thing I love about photography is that it freezes a moment in time. Any time photos are recovered that are old and contain moments we've forgotten is so completely awesome.

No comments: