Sunday, June 16, 2002

I needed a new look.
I don't really like using the templates that blogger offers but I seriously don't have the time and energy for a site redesign. I tried. I can't do it. Thatsong needs a fresh coat of paint as well, but I can't for the life of me think of new idea. They all look the same.
It's raining today, but it's been raining for the whole week, so that's nothing new. There was a day a week ago that the streets flooded and I had to plow water with my car while people stood on the sidewalks and watched. That's right. Coolest thing they saw all week, a little Focus driving through a puddle up the her headlights.
I'm moving tomorrow. Moving out of that little shithole of an apartment where I've been for a whole year, nearly two. My entire life is boxed up and sitting in the middle of our living room. The place looks like a bomb went off. I just want to move, leave all my stuff and start over somewhere else. I don't want to have to unpack all the shit I packed Saturday in the new apartment and see that it's the same old shit that I put in. I ordered a new bed and a couch from Ikea but that won't be here until around the fourth of July. Mikey got me a bed from the BW, which I'm so happy about. I've been sleeping on the same mattress for as long as I've been able to sleep in a real bed. The mattress I have now is almost as old as I am. It's disgusting. It slants down in the middle. Out on the porch, I have a "new" double mattress just waiting to be used. Yuck.
We went and saw the Bourne Identity last night. It was entertaining enough.
I don't have much to say.
I'm going to Rio de Janiero on the 27th. For one night. I'm leaving the 27th, spending the night on the 28th and coming home the 29th, getting into Manchester at noon on the 30th. I guess I'm excited about it, but it's hard because I know I'm going to be tired and I'm a little worried about flying. There I said it. I'm afraid to fly. Especially for one night. I don't know if I'm going to sleep. I think I'll post some pics when I get back.
I'm in a really weird mood today. I don't know what it is. I woke up in a bad mood, started cleaning the house up and tried to back, which made it even worse. Penny's been staying up with my parents for the last few days, since she's been really sick lately. Nick and I went to Portland last weekend for the day. I've never been but I love it. It's like Boston, but it's not. I bought a black skirt and a pair of shoes, which I love. We had a really good day. Penny ate my skirt. She ingested my skirt. I think she's freaking out about the move. I don't know. I wish she'd lighten up a little, not be so neurotic. But she's a dog. I can't exactly tell her to calm down, that I'm not going to stick her in a box, tape it up and write "DOG" on top.
I think I'm nervous about moving, too. I freaked out at Mikey last night after he blew up at us after the movie last night. I don't think he expected it. I'm worried this is all going to go to hell, that three friends can't live with each other. But I'm tired of worrying about it. I'm tired of being in limbo. I just want to move.

No comments: