Friday, November 30, 2001

I don't think it's stopped raining all day today.
Didn't do much today. Downloaded some rare Big Wreck tracks that you can't buy (and just for all you James Hetfield wannabes, I would've bought the damn things if I could find them anywhere...and I've tried). Revamped the page a bit, actually did an about me and links page, since the old ones were...well...old. Read a little. Watched A LOT of MTV2. It was nuts. They had Creed hosting the request show. I hate them. Narcissistic bastards. I hate Creed. I hate them. And there was a point there where MTV and MTV2 where BOTH playing their new video...I had no where to run. Yes, I know I could've shut off the television, but what would be the point? I was disgusted.
Not much going on tonight. Not that anything much goes on here anyway. Nick came over late last night to hang out and we had a lot of fun. And Sunday is Queer as Folk night...YAY!
While working on my page for tomorrow (World AIDS Day) and visiting a lot of sites out there....I guess it made me kind of depressed. It's been a long time since my Uncle Dave passed away...six years...sometimes I wonder if I'm healed or not. I guess that's why I'm haunted. I can't forget things. They just kind of stay in my head forever, bumping into each other. It's funny, I don't think of him very often anymore, but when it rains, it pours. I think I'll light a candle for him tomorrow. It just makes me think is all. About what a huge difference he made in my life, in the way that I live my life now. About how he was changed me and in turn, changed others I know. They will be showing a portion of the AIDS quilt at my old high school tonight. That is so unbelievably special, I don't really know how to express it.
Anyway...on a lighter note...
Did anyone watch Are You Dave Gorman? on BBCamerica last night? It's brilliant. Nick didn't get it...but there really isn't anything to really get, per se. It's a show about a real guy, named David Gorman, who made a bet (while intoxicated, oddly enough) with his roommate, Danny, that he could find 54 other Dave Gormans (one for every card in the deck, including the jokers). It's done almost in lecture format, with PowerPoint slide presentation and everything. It's great. I loved it. You will too.
Anyway...

No comments: