Tuesday, September 04, 2001

What day is it? Tuesday? I so do not want to go into work today. It's almost time to go and I haven't showered or eaten. I just can't seem to get myself going this morning, so I'm going to sit right down and tell you about my lovely long weekend.

Saturday morning I got up at ten am, which is fairly late for me. Neil actually got up before noon and I suggested we go somewhere for the day because a:) it was a beautiful day and b:) I was avoiding my mother's phone call asking if I was going to my cousin's wedding. I didn't and I wasn't going from the very beginning. It wasn't like it was going to be a happy wedding. When I told my father I wasn't going, he replied that he didn't want to go, not even my aunt (my cousin's mother) wanted to go but we all needed to go because we were a family. Needless to say, I skipped it. Neil and I took the dog out to Dublin Lake, drove to Peterborough and then got thoroughly lost in the process.

Sunday morning I was awakened by someone banging on the front door. Not casual knocking. Bang Bang BANGBANGBANG I rolled out of bed and stumbled, disheveled amd contactless, into the living room. It sounded like an emergancy or something. When I got to the door it stopped and I heard them leave the porch. It was some kids, selling something. If I hadn't been so contactless and disheveled and hungover, I probably would have opened the door and either yelled at them or bought something. Sunday I had a family reunion to go to, on my mother's side. I wasn't really looking forward to it, since my grandmother is occassionally (read ALWAYS) bugging me about something. So I brought Penny up to my parents' house for the day so she could hang out with Krissy. Then I headed down to my grandmother's and smiled and answered the same questions over and over. After an hour, I had had enough. I headed home. My mom was kind of mad, but I don't really care.

Monday I was a sloth. Slept late. Redesigned my page. Wrote a lot, erased a lot.

Anyway, I should get in the shower. It's getting late.

No comments: