Monday, September 24, 2001

Layoffs.
It's a word of I've heard all my life, but never experienced first hand.
Layoffs.
My boss pulled me upstairs today and said it all in rush before I had even sat at the table. Said it all in a rush before I could even comprehend what was happening. Let him show me the figures.
"Don't worry," he said. "You're staying."
"You're laying people off?!"
Ever intelligent. So observant.
I knew something was going on today. Saw Kim's eyes when she came downstairs. I thought I was going to get yelled at or something. I didn't know what he was saying, he was so nervous.
So...I still have a job.
I still have a job.
Our staff was cut in half.
I'm not going to Russia.
I'm not getting a car in November.
My friends got fired.
But I still have a job.
This is going to be a really long week...

No comments: