Sunday, October 01, 2000

I've got 'Talula' and 'Siren' blaring out of my speakers. Tori soothes my soul.

Weirdo night at work. I'm glad I'm leaving. I'm tired of the bullshit and the attitudes and the backstabbing. I know this goes on everywhere, but I'm ready for a change. One of the woman at work's son died in a car accident last night. She called and asked me to tell whomever that she wouldn't be in, that her son had died. I wasn't sure how to handle the situation, and I was told just to leave my boss a note. I don't know why, but that didn't seem right. How could I just leave a note saying "June's son died last night, she won't be in."? It didn't seem right...I mean, her son died. So I called my boss at home, even though I woke her up. Whatever. It feels different to me if it were her mother or father, or brother or sister. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong...but there's something so tragic about a mother (or father) outliving their children. My grandparents did it twice and it broke them.

Got the money issue all straightened out. I was worried my parents would kill me, but I'm really too old for them to kill anymore. They can just sigh and shake their head and attempt to offer advice.



No comments: