Wednesday, August 16, 2000

I have come to realize that I never really have a good-good day, always good-bad days. Today was one of those days. Allow me to illustrate:


Bad: Thunderstorm knocked out power for a few seconds this morning, enough to reset my stereo clock and alarm (even though it's so sensitive, you could sneeze too hard and it would blink12:00 at you.)

Good: It was loud enough to wake me up so I saw it had reset and was able to set the alarm again.

Bad: It was damn muggy today.

Good: I exercised anyway.

Bad: I blew a tire on the way to work.

Good: It was only, like, 1/4 mile from work.

Bad: I was late for work because I had to park the car somewhere and walk.

Good: They didn't notice.

Bad: They didn't notice because they had cancelled my shift because the person who is training me had an "emergency seminar". No kidding, an emergency seminar.

Good: I was able to go find my mother and brother who were putzing around Keene to get help. This was also good because I was able to get my car in and out of the shop in one day. If I had worked until eight, I would have been royally screwed.

Bad: My mother was difficult and made me want to smack her.

Good: The wonderful boys down to Leon's came and helped me and she left to do errands.

Bad: I had a doughnut on my car and had to bring it to another garage to get a new rim and tire put on, meaning I was pretty much stuck with Mom until we got home.

Good: She took me and my brother out to lunch at Friendly's...YUM!


So, you see, that was pretty much how my day went. Up, down, up, down. But I did get an extra day off, even if it means my paycheck with be eight hours less than I had hoped, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to get my car fixed. Penny rode down in the Jeep with Mom and me to deliver Greg to soccer practice. Then I cleaned out the back of my car...you would not believe the horrendous amount of shit there was in the trunk. I found an alarm clock.

I'm hoping I can scan some pics in tonight.

Oh, I saw the most amazing documentary on The Indie Scene (on PBS) last night: Secret People, it was so eerily beautiful (and a nice change from the politicians who have been clogging my airways lately. Oh, well...VOTE GORE!). It was about leprosy, of all things, but it was just so overwhelming, I just had to mention it. A few others that have either touched me or made me think:


Well-Founded Fear...dealing with issue of political asylum and the real-life people who make the decision

Butterfly...about Julia "Butterfly" Hill, a woman who climbed a tree and risked her life to save 'Luna', an ancient redwood.

Blink...the story of an "ex" white supremasict.


And, yay!...I won the VW ad!

No comments: